LOCATION: Territory including UT, WY, SD, ND, ID, WA, OR, MT
GENERAL SUMMARY: Manages the acquisition, retention and promotional activities needed to market all of the network’s media to affiliated and non-affiliated media outlets (i.e. distributors such as cable television operators, television and radio broadcast stations, direct-to-home satellite providers, telephone companies, etc.), Church members and leadership, volunteers and the general public.
- Develops and maintains strong ongoing relationships with Church leadership, diocesan staff, and volunteer leaders through regular visits and communications to assist the network’s marketing efforts to expand consumer awareness of EWTN.
- Develops and maintains strong ongoing relationships with affiliated and non-affiliated industry contacts and expands network distribution and awareness through regular visits and communications.
- Develops and maintains strong ongoing relationships with EWTN Radio affiliates to enhance awareness through regular visits and communications.
- Effectively communicates essential information related to the network at large grassroots events including, but not limited to, Catholic conferences, pro-life events and organized parish functions.
- Develops and proposes to Director of Marketing, North America marketing plans for assigned territory and specific accounts, then implements these plans within specific deadlines. This includes coordinating with the Network’s corporate marketing department the execution of proactive campaigns to build awareness of network programming among potential viewers in conjunction with affiliated distributors, Church leaders, volunteers, and local media, where appropriate.
- Receives and answers in a timely and professional manner all communications from industry contacts, Church leaders, co-workers, volunteers, viewers, and members of the general public. This includes shipping appropriate information and marketing materials to all inquiring parties as directed.
- Submits required weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports concerning territory as well as pre-trip, post-trip, and expense reports by assigned deadlines. These reports will include required information necessary for the network to maintain current and accurate databases.
- Travels as required to attend assigned trade shows, perform employee-training sessions, speak to parish congregations after weekend Masses, participate in periodic staff meetings, meet with affiliated and nonaffiliated industry contacts, radio affiliates, volunteers and Church leaders. This will require frequent travel during day and evening hours, as well as many weekends, and requires coordination of all necessary logistical details for trade shows and conferences with Marketing Support staff.
- Maintains current and accurate files on correspondence and information relevant to the work of the network.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the personnel, structure, and decision-making process of the companies within assigned territory as well as ongoing developments in the communications industry’s technology, ownership, regulations, and competitors.
- Maintains a current level of understanding of the Catholic Church and organizations willing to assist in marketing the network.
- Organizes and coordinates the execution of all launch-related tasks with Marketing Support staff.
- Monitors office and marketing material supplies to ensure adequate inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in marketing, sales, management, customer service, public relations, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the communications industry (TV, Radio & Digital media) and hierarchy of the Catholic Church.
- Ability to organize tasks, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, research information, analyze problems and select proper action.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and public speaking skills, including professional tact and courtesy when meeting, talking on the telephone and corresponding via electronic communication.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to speak effectively to a large number of attendees at various events.
- Proactive individual with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A practicing Catholic in the full communion with the Catholic Church.
- The ability to travel (via automobile & air) as much as 40% monthly with overnight and periodic weekend stays as required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English.
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to lift, move and transport boxes up to 50 pounds. This includes the ability to erect, disassemble and pack trade show displays.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Awareness of and ability to navigate social media tools.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Communications or related field
LOCATION: Birmingham, AL
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Information Services, the Jr. Network and Systems Administrator will support the IS Administrative staff in maintaining the EWTN network environment.
• Responsible for reviewing, troubleshooting, gathering additional information, or resolving open support requests assigned to the administrative staff.
• Maintain user/clients within the Active Directory and Exchange environments.
• Keep IS Support Center updated on any changes or upgrades to the network environment which would involve the user environment.
• Work with IS Senior administrators to ensure client problems are correctly identified and resolved in a timely manner.
• Diagnose and resolve Active Directory, DHCP, connectivity, user access, and other domain issues.
• Provide problem solving in the absence of the Sr. Network and Systems Administrator.
• Maintain the Backup Environment, Microsoft Exchange Environment along with the Archival Storage Facility
• Help support and maintain the EWTN hardware clustering and virtualization environments.
• Keeps the IS Support Center updated on any changes or upgrades to the network environment which would involve the user environment.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes departmental goals by accepting ownership of tasks at hand in order to maintain the highest quality network for EWTN.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Information Services.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Server hardware and software installation and maintenance within an enterprise environment (AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies)
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 within an enterprise environment.
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL 2012 or newer version
• Problem solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and develops alternative solutions.
• Oral Communication skills: must be able to speak clearly and persuasively and have the ability to listen and obtain clarification. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Written Communications: Ability to write clear and informative instructions and also be able to read and interpret written instructions.
• Working Knowledge maintaining an Enterprise storage platform.
• Strong experience with Tape Libraries and Tape Drives in iSCSI, fiber channel, and SAN environments with enterprise experience utilizing Backup software such as BackupExec.
• Experience with hardware clustering and virtualization including Hyper-V cluster environments.
• Experience working with VOIP technology.
• Must be up to date on Industry Best Practices, Security, and threat protection within the networking environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
• Adheres to policies and procedures and supports Network goals and values.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Follows instructions, responds to direction and takes responsibility for own actions.
• Willingness to learn new skills and software programs needed to complete tasks.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks accurately.
• Desire to continue education or self/education in the computer technology area.
• Willingness & ability to be on-call (24/7 for 2 weeks out of every 8 weeks)
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and EWTN’s mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or Associates’ degree with 3 years’ Network and Systems Administrator experience in an enterprise Data center environment.
Benefits available: Medical, Dental, FSA, Vision, Life Insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with company match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE.
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to: email@example.com.