Faith-based private foundation seeks Executive Assistant with prior supportive staff experience in the banking, finance, accounting or legal fields to assist Executive Director in day to day operations.
Executive Assistant will coordinate financial administrative aspects of the Foundation, including communications with grantees in support of the Executive Director’s goals, financial report collection, and initiation and participation in Foundation conference calls. Candidate must be comfortable and have extensive experience in the supportive staff role; former executives and upper level managers will not be considered.
We are looking for a team player with humility and a passion for service. This full-time work from home position offered at a competitive salary is an ideal second career for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of others. Strong written and oral communication skills are required as well as an understanding of the Catholic faith and the needs of the poor.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
LOCATION: Denver, CO; Washington, DC or Birmingham, AL
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for partnering with the Vice President of Human Resources to implement and administer all human resources programs and activities, including recruiting, staffing, policies and procedures, employee relations, performance management and development, compensation, employee engagement, workforce planning, training, benefit administration, regulatory compliance and other initiatives to foster a positive work environment reflecting EWTN values.
• Demonstrates and models EWTN’s values in interactions and behaviors, displaying the highest degree of integrity, confidentiality and instilling trust.
• Provides policy guidance, interpretation and assistance in implementing all procedures & programs.
• Collaborates with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, review job descriptions and outline success profiles. Interviews applicants; provides guidance to managers on interviewing, selection & hiring practices.
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale & increase productivity and retention. Conducts exit interviews.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (i.e. coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, career development); facilitates the performance review process.
• Provides input and assistance on salary administration & compensation.
• Works with Benefit Specialist on benefit administration to facilitate leave of absences & ensure compliance with FMLA and all applicable laws.
• Responsible for compliance in accordance with all applicable laws including EEO-1, ACA, posting notices; 403(b) disclosures, OSHA and Workers Comp reporting.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements regarding employment practices to ensure compliance and reduce risk.
• Minimum 5 years’ Human Resources experience at the Generalist/Manager level with proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be well versed in employment laws & regulations; maintain current knowledge of all changes & trends.
• Strong relationship building skills with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer service orientation and ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Recruiting and staffing experience to include developing recruiting strategies, advising managers, familiarity with social media tools, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in performance management and progressive discipline.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams.
• Positive, highly motivated and organized individual with good time management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), with strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
• Knowledge & experience using HRIS systems (ADP/UltiPro preferred), capable of producing/customizing reports.
• Ability to travel (approximately 10 - 15%).
• Practicing Catholic with commitment to the mission of EWTN.
• 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including supervisory experience, for a non-profit preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish) helpful, but not required.
• Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
• SHRM certification preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, FSA, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, retirement savings plan with employer match, paid time off, and paid holidays).
REPORTS TO: Lead Anchor & Managing Editor, ENN
DEPARTMENT: News Nightly
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Social Media Producer is responsible for writing stories, editing video and producing photos to create compelling content for Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels. Responsible for the timely posting of ENN content on all digital platforms (including but not limited to websites, apps and social media) and working with the anchor, producers, reporters and assignment editors to coordinate on-air and online news coverage.
• Monitors and maintains EWTN News Nightly and Lauren Ashburn’s professional social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and others. Monitors comments for appropriateness and answers questions, etc.
• Utilizes knowledge of SEO, keywords and algorithms to maximize reach of social media posts and analyzes results.
• Implements strategies based on data, new content opportunities and tools to increase exposure and optimize platforms and channels.
• Creates reports and analyzes data to measure progress and effectiveness of messaging and social media efforts.
• Works with Editors and Media Manager to obtain photos and video content to accompany social media posts and website.
• Works with Managing Editor, Executive Producer, Producers and Correspondents to create new/original content for social media posts.
• Uploads and posts broadcast highlight segments and full show to YouTube and other online service platforms including Brightcove and website.
• Creates and executes social media plan for high-profile interviews.
• Collaborates with international EWTN News colleagues across radio, print, and digital.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the field of journalism.
• Basic website production skills.
• Passion for and knowledge of Catholic teaching and the Catholic Church.
• Self-motivated, team player with the ability to generate ideas and exercise good editorial judgment.
• Adherence to the highest standards of journalism including timeliness.
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write promotional and social media-related copy in the digital space.
• Passion for news and social media. Proven understanding of social media platforms and channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, SnapChat and others.
• Demonstrated writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to work independently and multi-task.
• Strong project coordination and time management skills under tight deadlines.
• Flexible and resourceful with a desire to grow professionally.
• Available to work flexible hours, including overnights and weekends at times.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
• Social Media marketing courses preferred
LOCATION: Birmingham, AL
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering the day to day activities of the group benefit programs (medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans and 403b). Under the guidance of the Human Resources Manager, will administer plans and serve as liaison with employees, benefit providers, insurance broker and other third-party vendors, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws. Provides other Human Resources support as necessary.
• Review all policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, including the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, FMLA, ERISA, ADA, COBRA, etc. Responsible for all ACA reporting and filing.
• Administer all benefit programs. Enroll employees and enter new hire information in HRIS (ADP), make all adjustments/changes as necessary.
• Conduct new hire Orientation including overview of benefits and key policies and procedures. Assist in developing and improving the Orientation program.
• Accurately review, reconcile and submit monthly invoices to accounting in a timely manner utilizing vendor billing tools.
• Coordinate annual open enrollment process: prepare materials, employee communications, process paperwork and enter data in ADP as necessary.
• Administer disability plans and serve as liaison for employee, managers, and insurance company tracking and reporting information.
• Provide leave of absence administration, including disseminating information and FMLA notification and tracking.
• Prepare exit paperwork for separating employees including COBRA and conduct exit interviews as necessary.
• Liaison between benefit vendor and employees on 403(b) plan inquiries. Participate in annual 403(b) audit providing documentation as necessary for auditors.
• Participate in ERISA reporting process (Form 5500).
• Prepare reports and work closely with payroll to review and resolve any discrepancies.
• Research/resolve benefits issues in a professional manner and escalate issues as necessary for resolution.
• Review and submit employee loan requests for approval.
• Recommend process improvement and best practices relative to benefit administration.
• Create and manage a wellness program.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience administering comprehensive benefit plans for a mid-sized, multi-location employer, including FMLA tracking and handling short-term disability claims. Other professional level Human Resources experience preferred.
• Demonstrated current knowledge of HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ACA, ADA and applicable federal and state laws.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with strength in Excel.
• Experience with ADP HRIS software.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Professionalism, tact, and diplomacy and the ability to deal with sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality.
• Friendly, approachable and empathetic demeanor.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Affinity for EWTN’s mission and understanding of the Catholic Faith.
• Strong math skills and knowledge of general accounting principles.
• Practicing Catholic.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Certifications such as CEBS, PHR/SPHR preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, retirement savings plan with employer match, paid time off, and paid holidays) with health benefits beginning on the first day! Come work at our beautiful wooded campus just south of Birmingham.
A Classical Education
St. Benedict Elementary, an independent K-6 school in the classical Catholic tradition located 30 minutes west of Boston, is seeking to build its talented faculty for the 2014-15 academic year. Celebrating its inauguration in September 2013, SBE strives to cultivate intellectual and moral virtue in the pursuit of academic excellence, in a joyful and faithful Catholic environment. Visit www.stbenedictelementary.com to learn about our distinctive mission.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.